Did you know that CTL offers a variety of educational cloud-based web apps that are made for educational Chromebook use? Whether you’re looking to secure your Chromebooks for student safety or seeking to enhance the classroom environment with interactive learning programs, CTL has what you need.
Our software vendor partners have been vetted and proven to be outstandingly successful in their fields of operation. Here is a list of some of our offerings:
Google for Education Apps for Chromebooks:
Did you know that CTL is a Google for Education Premier Partner? Google has become a front-runner in the education sector offering many cloud-based apps specifically designed for use in schools and classrooms.
- Google Chrome Management Console makes it easy for school IT administrators to deploy and manage users, devices and apps across a fleet of thousands of Chromebooks.
- G Suite for Education allows teachers and students to create, share and edit files in real time. G Suite for Education core services include Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Hangouts and Drive.
- Google Classroom is a new tool in G Suite for Education that helps teachers create and organise assignments quickly, provide feedback efficiently and communicate easily with their classes.
Internet Accessibility and Safety Apps for Chromebooks:
CTL understands that your all your students need access to the internet to be successful and in order to maintaining CIPA compliance and safe browsing environments for students is priority number one. That is why we offer several great cloud-based software options for security.
- Kajeet is an industry leader for closing the digital equity gap on providing safe mobile internet connectivity for students. Their Education Broadband solution includes their Kajeet SmartSpot device and cloud portal which allows school districts to provide CIPA-Compliant, education-only filtered internet access at home.
- Securly is a first of it’s kind cloud-based web filtering software, Securly, gives administrators and educators the ability to customize student’s online browsing experiences and monitor emails and social media to curb cyber bullying and self-harm.
- GoGuardian provides administrators the power of web filtering, protection, analytics, and reporting all in one place. For teachers, GoGaurdian allows you to set browsing restrictions and view the screens of each students, ensuring that teachers can focus on teaching and not monitoring student device behavior.
- NetOp Vision allows teachers to manage exactly what students are seeing on their Chromebooks during instruction, block access to the web, and direct attention to the teacher with screen customizable lock screens.
STEM – Math, Science, Coding, etc. Apps for Chromebooks
Your students learn better when they are engaged through a variety of learning methods combined with discovery and play.
- LabCam helps to promote scientific inquiry, helps make abstract concepts tangible for students and is an excellent complement to your STEM curriculum.The application includes six modules: Time-Lapse Camera, Microscope, Pathfinder, Universal Logger, Kinematics, and Motion Cam.
- Desmos Graphing Calculator is a best-in-class HTML5 graphing calculator that allows millions of students free access via their internet browser. With a mission to help all students learn and love learning math, their digital tools allow for teachers to create activities or use the Desmos activities provided on the site.
- CodeCombat is an interactive learning game that combines learning and fun. Students are led through an interactive universe where special game play powers are utilized by creating read code!
- NCLabs has created a variety of programs with the goal of bringing educational equity to STEM education programs everywhere. These online courses teach students a variety computational thinking and programming skills using fun games that make learning feel like play.
- PocketLab is a science lab that fits in your pocket and connects to software ran on Chromebook. This little device can be used to measure position, velocity, acceleration, magnetic fields, pressure, altitude, and temperature. When connected to the PocketLab software, students are able to see detailed reporting on experiments.
- Intel Tools bring an innovative and engaging approach to science, reading, debate, and more. These specialized tools allow for students to map out cause and effect relationships and learn processes for data collection. Each of the Intel Tools Apps gives teachers the tools they need to create lesson plans and project ideas, and students the platform to
Educational Music Apps for Chromebooks:
Music has been proven to aid in developing language and reasoning. Our music software offerings allow students to learn the basics of music in a collaborative, fun, and creative environment.
- Noteflight allows students to write, create, and share music online using the Noteflight composing software. Students will gain knowledge of keys, scales, tempos, and familiarize themselves with a variety of instruments.
Video & Image Editing Apps for Chromebooks:
Our world is becoming increasingly based in multimedia formats. Our video and image editing software offerings take Chromebooks for education to the next level teaching students how to produce brilliant videos and presentations.
- WeVideo is a unique cloud-based collaborative video editing service that helps people from all over the world simply create and share great-looking videos. The WeVideo editor is easy enough for first-time editors, and sophisticated enough to help students create a professional-looking video.
- Autodesk Pixlr allows students to edit images by quickly cropping, rotating, and fine-tune any picture. The cloud-based app is easy-to-use and allows students to turn photos into works of art with great effects like crosshatch, halftone, and dapple with a single-click.
Contact CTL today to find out more about these Chromebook applications and how you can use implement them in your schools and classrooms!
Latest posts by Laura Helms (see all)
- CTL’s J5 Spill Resistant Chromebook in Action - September 13, 2017
- Netop Vision Classroom Management Grabs the Attention of Chrome Unboxed - August 28, 2017
- CTL Supports All Hands Raised With Funds and Runs on Hood to Coast Team - August 23, 2017