CTL teams up with PortableCloud to offer classroom servers that can be configured with the exact websites, learning resources, course materials, and tools needed for a particular subject or class, without connection to the Internet. Contact CTL for more information.
CTL has announced that it is exploring collaboration with PortableCloud from the Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA) conference in Austin, TX. CTL will offer customers the PortableCloud platform and Cube servers which allow users to access curated files, web-content and web-apps over WiFi in any device with a browser, at blazing speeds, regardless of Internet connectivity.
PortableCloud Helps Schools Overcome Connectivity Limitations
The PortableCloud Cube micro-server empowers schools to ensure that educational content and apps are always available, even in areas without internet connectivity! The PortableCloud Cube server is connected to a Server applications marketplace where schools can download needed solutions, content, resources and tools to the PortableCloud and it will seamlessly connect to wireless devices on campus.
PortableCloud Gives Teachers the Right Resources in the Right Places
The PortableCloud solution gives schools control over the web pages and apps their students can access. PortableCloud Cube servers can be customized for each grade level so that students have access to resources appropriate to their curriculum. Common references such as Wikipedia, the Khan Academy, Gooru.org and other educational sites and apps will be readily accessible, while the distractions of the entire internet simply won’t be an option.
Benefits of PortableCloud for Schools
- Ensure content and apps that matter the most are always available fast and appropriate for K-12 students
- Integrate with your existing platforms, or make Portable Cloud the platform
- Run best in-class open-source learning solutions, such the Khan Academy and other proven learning solutions
- Deploy in-classroom or lecture-hall cloud e-learning solutions without requiring any external infrastructure
- Connect multiple Cubes to expand local network capacity
- Save bandwidth use on core content and learning activities
- Provide parent education opportunities via mobile devices
- Protect intellectual property with full security options
- Keep networks online during power outages with battery options
- Download new shared content from Portable Cloud Marketplace
- Share top lesson plans on Portable Cloud Marketplace
- Integrated hardware and software makes deployment easy
Latest posts by Stephanie Shea (see all)
- CTL Advancing Up Portland Business Journal’s List of Top Portland Tech Companies - March 1, 2017
- Come See CTL at the Following Trade Showsin March 2017! - March 1, 2017
- Ordering Chromebook Parts for Self-Repair Has Never Been Easier! - February 27, 2017