We are proud to announce that today CRN®, a brand of The Channel Company, has named CTL to its 2017 Solution Provider 500 list. The Solution Provider 500 is CRN’s annual ranking of the largest technology integrators, solution providers and IT consultants in North America by revenue.
The Solution Provider 500 is CRN’s predominant channel partner award list, serving as the industry standard for recognition of the most successful solution provider companies in the channel since 1995. This year, for the first time since 2010, the complete list will be published on CRN.com, making it readily available to vendors seeking out top solution providers to partner with.
CRN has also released its 2017 Solution Provider 500: Newcomers list, recognizing 58 companies making their debut in the Solution Provider 500 ranking this year.
“We’re honored to be included in CRN’s Solution Provider 500 list. Our comprehensive technology solutions have helped schools and educators implement and maintain successful 1:1 programs around the world. As we continue to grow we look forward to helping to advance education solutions worldwide.” – Erik Stromquist, President of CTL
“CRN’s Solution Provider 500 list spotlights the North American IT channel partner organizations that have earned the highest revenue over the past year, providing a valuable resource to vendors looking for top solution providers to partner with,” said Robert Faletra, CEO of The Channel Company. “The companies on this year’s list represent an incredible, combined revenue of over $318 billion, a sum that attests to their success in staying ahead of rapidly changing market demands. We extend our sincerest congratulations to each of these top-performing solution providers and look forward to their future pursuits and successes.”
The complete 2017 Solution Provider 500 list will be available online at www.crn.com/sp500 and a sample from the list will be featured in the June issue of CRN Magazine.
To learn more about CTL’s Solution options, whether for business or education, contact a CTL Sales Rep today!
Learn about CTL’s Latest Ed-Tech Offerings at a Trade Show Near you!
CTL is dedicated to maintaining face to face relationships with our customers whenever possible. Hearing your stories and feedback with Chromebook technology in your classroom is what keeps us dedicated to always improving. This summer come see us at a trade show or educational conference near you. We’ll always have the latest CTL models and even sneak peeks at upcoming devices that are perfect for your Ed-Tech and business solutions.
June 7th – SCS Instructional IT Conference – Memphis, TN
Shelby County Schools Instructional Technology Summer Conference, is attended by 500+ participants, ranging from principals and other key decision making members of their instructional learning teams along with six surrounding districts. CTL will be there showing off the latest in Chromebook technology like touchscreen convertible Chromebooks, the new J5X & NL61TX with Extra Rugged X-Panel, Google for Education, and Ed-Tech Software offerings.
June 14th – InnEdCo – Keystone, Co
This statewide conference takes place in Keystone, CO each year with the mission to help teachers integrate technological tools into all content areas. This four-day, hands-on, conference will help teachers learn how to implement new technology into their classroom to aid in curriculum and engagement. With 100+ different workshops, keynote speakers, and roundtable discussions with over 150 presenters and co-presenters who are primarily classroom teachers. Come see us at InnEdCo!
June 20th – NCESD Google Summit by DigitalBug – Wenatchee, WA
In the Wenatchee, WA area and curious about how to begin or better use Google products in your classroom? This Google for Education focused summit offers a day of learning and sharing tips and tricks on how to implement Google for Education and G Suite apps into the classroom. Come learn from a variety of certified and skilled presenters and discuss how to get the most from Google’s free products at NCESD’s DigitalBug Google Summit.
June 25th-26th – SETDA’s Emerging Technologies Leadership Forum – San Antonio, TX
Join us for a weekend intensive in San Antonio, TX to engage in meaningful dialogue about topics of importance in digital learning across the nation. CTL will be showcasing our great selection of Chromebooks for education. SETDA members from state departments of education will also be there highlighting their major state initiatives and priorities.
June 28th-July 1 – ISTE 2017 – San Antonio, TX
ISTE is the place to be for educators and technology leaders. This weekend long conference highlights some of the most innovative leaders in technology and education. This year the Keynote speakers are Jad Abumrad, host and creator of NPR’s “Radiolab”, Reshma Saujani, founder and CEO of Girls Who Code, and more. This event has an annual draw over 18,000 attendees and industry representatives, including teachers, technology coordinators, administrators, library media specialist, teacher educators, and policymakers. ISTE Conference & Expo is recognized globally as the most comprehensive educational technology conference in the world.
Aug 9th – Digital Edge ESD112 Summit – Vancouver, WA
The Digital Edge ESD112 Summit takes place each year in Educational Service District 112 in Vancouver, WA. This summit focuses on Google Apps for education. From Chromebook deployment to G-Suite apps, educational partners, including CTL, share the latest in Ed-Tech.
Looking for Touchscreen Technology? CTL has the Chromebook for you!
In 1949, Maria Montessori stated in her book, The Absorbent Mind, “The hands are the instruments of man’s intelligence.” Almost 70 years later, “the hands” still play one of the most important roles in the way we interact with the world, and now with touchscreen technology.
It’s almost expected today that screens are touch-sensitive. If you’ve ever seen school-aged children around a standard or laptop monitor screen, chances are that they will reach out and touch the screen. They’ve grown up with touchscreen technology almost expecting it as a part of the digital native experience. CTL understands this need for innovative ways to interact with technology, which is why we carry a variety of touchscreen and convertible Chromebooks.
Here is a rundown of our most popular and best-selling touchscreen Chromebooks, all outfitted with capacitive ten point touchscreens and IPS panels for clearer viewing angles:
CTL Rugged J5 Convertible Chromebook
The J5 Chromebook, awarded as one of the best Chromebooks of 2017, is one of our top selling units. This convertible unit has 360 degree hinges allowing it to be used in laptop mode, display mode, or tablet mode. The versatility and durability of this rugged Chromebook ensures that no matter which display mode the user chooses, the rotating capacitive touchscreen displays and responds correctly.
CTL J5X Chromebook: Extra-Rugged Chromebook for Education
The J5X Chromebook houses all the great features as the J5 with the addition of the X-panel, a bonded top panel which is designed to withstand up to 365 lbs. of pressure to the top of the unit. The X-Panel also can be used as a whiteboard for doodling, taking notes, or as a presentation aid. This unit can also be rotated 360 degrees allowing for use in laptop mode, display mode, or tablet mode. All combined, this is a great option for “on the go” and educational uses where durability is of the utmost importance, but technical capabilities are not hindered.
CTL Touchscreen NL61T Education Chromebook
The NL61T Chromebook is another great option for touchscreen. The 180 degree hinges allow for this Chromebook to lie flat. The user is able to use the water resistant trackpad and keyboard or choose to use the touchscreen option for selection. The 180-degree rotating camera with its optional microscope lens allows for special educational uses from science to videography. Another great feature of the NL61T Chromebook is the super long battery life, lasting up to 12.5 hours. This means it lasts more than a full work day or school day!
CTL NL61TX Extra Rugged Education Chromebook
Like the NL61T, the NL61TX Chromebook features a 180-degree hinge and a rotating camera. This unit also features the extra rugged X-Panel, which allows for the top cover of the unit to be used as a whiteboard for doodling, personalizing, taking notes, or as an aid during presentations. This X-Panel also ensures that the unit is ultra-rugged, withstanding up to 365 lbs. of pressure to the top of the unit. And in addition, when dropped on the corners, the unit is protected from damage.
Extra Rugged Touchscreen Chromebooks Stand Up and Stand Out
The Touchscreens offered by CTL go beyond touchscreen capabilities to offer versatility and durability that stands up and stands out to daily use. Visit the TouchScreen product page to learn more about our touchscreen Chromebook options!
Did you know that CTL offers a variety of educational cloud-based web apps that are made for educational Chromebook use? Whether you’re looking to secure your Chromebooks for student safety or seeking to enhance the classroom environment with interactive learning programs, CTL has what you need.
Our software vendor partners have been vetted and proven to be outstandingly successful in their fields of operation. Here is a list of some of our offerings:
Google for Education Apps for Chromebooks:
Did you know that CTL is a Google for Education Premier Partner? Google has become a front-runner in the education sector offering many cloud-based apps specifically designed for use in schools and classrooms.
- Google Chrome Management Console makes it easy for school IT administrators to deploy and manage users, devices and apps across a fleet of thousands of Chromebooks.
- G Suite for Education allows teachers and students to create, share and edit files in real time. G Suite for Education core services include Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Hangouts and Drive.
- Google Classroom is a new tool in G Suite for Education that helps teachers create and organise assignments quickly, provide feedback efficiently and communicate easily with their classes.
Internet Accessibility and Safety Apps for Chromebooks:
CTL understands that your all your students need access to the internet to be successful and in order to maintaining CIPA compliance and safe browsing environments for students is priority number one. That is why we offer several great cloud-based software options for security.
- Kajeet is an industry leader for closing the digital equity gap on providing safe mobile internet connectivity for students. Their Education Broadband solution includes their Kajeet SmartSpot device and cloud portal which allows school districts to provide CIPA-Compliant, education-only filtered internet access at home.
- Securly is a first of it’s kind cloud-based web filtering software, Securly, gives administrators and educators the ability to customize student’s online browsing experiences and monitor emails and social media to curb cyber bullying and self-harm.
- GoGuardian provides administrators the power of web filtering, protection, analytics, and reporting all in one place. For teachers, GoGaurdian allows you to set browsing restrictions and view the screens of each students, ensuring that teachers can focus on teaching and not monitoring student device behavior.
- NetOp Vision allows teachers to manage exactly what students are seeing on their Chromebooks during instruction, block access to the web, and direct attention to the teacher with screen customizable lock screens.
STEM – Math, Science, Coding, etc. Apps for Chromebooks
Your students learn better when they are engaged through a variety of learning methods combined with discovery and play.
- LabCam helps to promote scientific inquiry, helps make abstract concepts tangible for students and is an excellent complement to your STEM curriculum.The application includes six modules: Time-Lapse Camera, Microscope, Pathfinder, Universal Logger, Kinematics, and Motion Cam.
- Desmos Graphing Calculator is a best-in-class HTML5 graphing calculator that allows millions of students free access via their internet browser. With a mission to help all students learn and love learning math, their digital tools allow for teachers to create activities or use the Desmos activities provided on the site.
- CodeCombat is an interactive learning game that combines learning and fun. Students are led through an interactive universe where special game play powers are utilized by creating read code!
- NCLabs has created a variety of programs with the goal of bringing educational equity to STEM education programs everywhere. These online courses teach students a variety computational thinking and programming skills using fun games that make learning feel like play.
- PocketLab is a science lab that fits in your pocket and connects to software ran on Chromebook. This little device can be used to measure position, velocity, acceleration, magnetic fields, pressure, altitude, and temperature. When connected to the PocketLab software, students are able to see detailed reporting on experiments.
- Intel Tools bring an innovative and engaging approach to science, reading, debate, and more. These specialized tools allow for students to map out cause and effect relationships and learn processes for data collection. Each of the Intel Tools Apps gives teachers the tools they need to create lesson plans and project ideas, and students the platform to
Educational Music Apps for Chromebooks:
Music has been proven to aid in developing language and reasoning. Our music software offerings allow students to learn the basics of music in a collaborative, fun, and creative environment.
- Noteflight allows students to write, create, and share music online using the Noteflight composing software. Students will gain knowledge of keys, scales, tempos, and familiarize themselves with a variety of instruments.
Video & Image Editing Apps for Chromebooks:
Our world is becoming increasingly based in multimedia formats. Our video and image editing software offerings take Chromebooks for education to the next level teaching students how to produce brilliant videos and presentations.
- WeVideo is a unique cloud-based collaborative video editing service that helps people from all over the world simply create and share great-looking videos. The WeVideo editor is easy enough for first-time editors, and sophisticated enough to help students create a professional-looking video.
- Autodesk Pixlr allows students to edit images by quickly cropping, rotating, and fine-tune any picture. The cloud-based app is easy-to-use and allows students to turn photos into works of art with great effects like crosshatch, halftone, and dapple with a single-click.
Contact CTL today to find out more about these Chromebook applications and how you can use implement them in your schools and classrooms!
PC Magazine recently released their best of 2017 Chromebooks and CTL is proud to announce the J5 Chromebook made the list with its convertible laptop-to-tablet touchscreen, long-lasting battery, and powerful processing ability. The rugged J5 Chromebook has become one of CTL’s best sellers, especially in K-12 Ed Tech, and maintains an affordable price point. Learn more about the CTL J5 Chromebook here.
Get More Mileage with the Convertible J5 Chromebook
One of the most notable features of the J5 is the 360-degree hinge that allows it to be used as a traditional laptop with full keyboard or be rotated to different modes such as display (keyboard folded under with screen facing forward), tent, or tablet. The display and tent modes are ideal for presentation use with multi-touch gesture touchscreen capabilities. When folded flat, the J5 can function as a tablet that responds to your finger or a stylus. PC Magazine noted the quality of this feature and commended the J5 for its excellent viewing angles and sturdy hinges that stabilize the screen in all four modes, even when users tap on the touchscreen.
Stay Cord-free and Mobile Longer with CTL’s J5 Chromebooks
Staying both mobile and untethered from cords have become a necessity in an increasingly wireless world. This means a long-lasting battery is a growing consumer demand. The J5 allows impressive amounts of time between charges, which is great for on-the-go students or staff who go from class to class or meeting to meeting. PC Magazine included this in their review of CTL’s J5 Chromebook when they tested the battery to last 12 hours and 21 minutes. They called the battery life “phenomenal”, pointing out the ability of the J5 to last all day at school and through homework time later in the day.
Don’t Wait When Faster is Better
The CTL J5 Chromebook comes loaded with an Intel Celeron N3060 dual-core processor with built-in Intel HD Graphics. Content-rich webpages load quickly with impressive video playback, while maintaining the ability to multitask smoothly. PC Magazine reported that the J5 performed well with half a dozen tabs open and stated that it was fast enough for academic work such as watching instructional videos.
Why Buy a Chromebook?
In the past few years, Chromebooks have taken over as the popular choice for K-12 educational devices. Schools, classrooms, and teachers have found Chromebooks to have everything needed to stay organized and monitor student progress. By using G-suite to manage student assignments and communications, Chromebooks make sense by offering an OS that performs quickly and updates easily with no extra costs. G-suite apps also offer the ability to run offline, allowing users without an internet connection to continue working without losing any changes.
CTL is proud to be one of PCMag’s top 10 Chromebooks of 2017 and we thank them for recognizing the J5 as an excellent laptop for school use. To see the 2017 list and link to the product review, visit: http://ctl.li/PCMag-J5-review.